Rod & Ben’s are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. This policy explains how we use the information we collect about you. By submitting your information, you consent to the use of that information as set out in this policy.
Revising the Policy
Use and Storage of Your Information
- We will only collect and retain relevant and essential data.
- We will store your information safely and securely, protecting it from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure.
- We will ensure that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
- We will destroy your information securely.
- We will work hard to keep your personal data up to date.
- We will comply fully with our obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which comes into force in the UK in May 2018
Information Collected When Using the Website
- We collect certain personal information about you if you provide your details when using the website, for example if you register on the mailing list, subscribing to the Brotherhood of Broth, or contact us via a form.
- If you visit the website but do not provide your details as above, we do not collect any personal information about you through the website, although we may track your use of the website using cookies.
- Cookies are small anonymous text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. We use Google Analytics cookies to track anonymous usage statistics and do not collect any personal information that can be used to identify you. This helps us analyse data about webpage usage and improve our website in order to tailor it to user needs.
- Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB
Registering on a Mailing List
- When registering on a mailing list, we ask you to provide your name and email address.
- We use this information to tell you about Rod and Ben’s new products and news etc.
- We may also use your personal information to inform you by email of other events or activities Rod & Ben’s facilitate, support or are otherwise involved. in We do not pass on your personal information to third-party companies.
- You will be given an opportunity to unsubscribe in every marketing email we send.
Using Website Forms
- When you get in touch via the contact forms on the website, we ask you to provide your name and email address.
- We use this information to reply to your enquiry. We do not pass on your personal information to third-party companies unless it is required to solve your enquiry and will ask your permission before we do so.
- We delete each form entry after two months.
Rod & Ben’s run competitions from time to time. These might be a joint competition with a partner organisation.
- Rod & Ben’s will always ask people entering the competition to opt in to receive marketing information from us. Data will be kept in accordance to the GDPR regulations.
- Rod & Ben’s will not share your contact details unless you specifically opt in to receive marketing information from the partner organisation. At which point that data will be managed by the partner organisation. If you would like your data deleted at any time you must contact the partner organisation directly.
We sometimes use Survey Monkey, a third-party service, to collect relevant market data that we use to help us improve our service or products.
- Completing a survey is optional. A secure link to a survey (over a SSL encrypted connection) is included in an message to Eventbrite bookers after an event. This is sent through Eventbrite so that bookers email addresses are not downloaded and remain secure.
- In the message we explain the reason for the survey, that responses are collected anonymously, and we do not track IP addresses.
- All questions within the survey are optional.
Sharing of Your Information
We do not sell your information.
We do not share the information that is provided to us except:
- With third party service providers, such as hosting providers or an email service provider, who provide services to us so that we are able to fulfil our obligations to you or, where we are able to send you marketing information, to do so.
- If we have a legal obligation to disclose your information (for example, if a court orders us to).
- When booking a ticket on external sites, such as EventBrite, which we may use from time to time, you may be asked if you want to subscribe to another organisation’s mailing list. This is usually a partner organisation that is working with Rod & Ben’s in the delivery of an event or activity. If you choose to be added, we will provide the organisation with the name and email address you provided at time of booking and they may contact you for marketing purposes. We require that such organisations meet our standards for handling data, and that it is only used for the agreed purpose.
- To opt out of marketing or other communications from another organisation, please get in touch with them directly. They should always provide instructions for opting out in any marketing or other communications you receive.
- If we run an event in partnership with another named organisation (e.g. a venue) we will also share information to enable it to report to its funders and inform its audience development strategy. Any data shared for these purposes will be in an anonymised and aggregated form.
Other Websites and their Privacy Policies
This website may contain links to external websites managed and maintained by external companies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices, cookie policies or the content of such websites or of other third parties.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information?
We keep your personal information for as long as we need to for the purposes for which it was collected or (if longer) for any period for which we are required to keep personal information to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements or until you ask us to delete your personal data, in accordance with your rights below. We will regularly assess the personal data that we hold to determine its relevance and destroy your personal data if we no longer require it or no longer provide any services to you.
- You have a number of rights in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- find out how we process your personal data
- request that your personal data is corrected if you believe it is incorrect or inaccurate
- obtain restriction on our, or object to, processing of your personal data
- ask us not to process your personal data for our own marketing purposes
- withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data
- ask us to delete the data we have about you
- obtain a copy of your personal information which we hold about you. We will take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request and will respond as soon as possible and in any event within a month.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights outlined in this policy or have any questions about the way in which the Rod & Benn’s handles your personal data, please address to ‘Data Protection Officer – Rod & Ben’s, and address to:
Rod & Ben’s
The Barns, Barton Lane, Shillingford Abbot. Exeter, Devon, EX2 9QQ
Tel: 01392 833016